Spong have featured the highlights of John Carmacks presentation at QuakeCon 2006.
The hi lights are below – and you can check out the full list on the original post.
- id Software will be focusing on gameplay over graphics in their next unannounced title.
- the next title will be a 3D action title that will be id’s biggest diversion since Wolfenstein.
- A more advanced version of the megatexture technology will be used in the next title, which includes lots of outdoor areas.
- id will continue to work on games that its millions of fans enjoy.
- Quake3 was labelled by Carmack as the “most pure game”.
- While they will be developing their next game simultaneously on the Xbox 360, their primary development platform is still the PC.
- id is branching out in a different direction for their new title which they expect to be a blockbuster.
- Discussed the fun his cell phone game development has been.
- Has thought about porting cell phone games over to the Nintendo DS.
- The current mod community is slacking because of the work it takes to make mods with such advanced games.
- id’s next game has “a lot of people in it”.
There are also some very juicy screenshots of Quake Wars. Apart from Quake 3 I have never been a fan of the Quake games, Quake 4 in particular was very disappointing – but Quake Wars is looking lovely and from what I have heard about the game itself it will be a lot of fun. Here’s hoping!