Hoorah – it’s a bank holiday in the UK this weekend. That means extra time to relax. Hope you all have a good un. I won’t be posting anything new until Monday evening… although a review may pop out tomorrow.
- Some comments by Ricky Gervais on his part in Grand Theft Auto IV
- Cliffy B talks up the casual approach to Gears of War 2 and how it’s girlfriend friendly. To make it ‘friendly’ enough for my girlfriend they’d have to remove all guns, chainsaws, and blood, but I guess making it a bit easier might help in some cases.
- The top 10 most entertaining speed runs of all time – with an emphasis on Nintendo. Oh – and make sure you click the screenshots for links to the actual videos, they’re not in the article.
- A new Indiana Jones inspired hidden object game called Laura Jones and the Gates of good and evil has been released by the clever folk at BigFishGames.com – they also have a fairly new Mac games section.
- A game design lesson using Boom Blox as the subject – my copy of Boom Blox arrived today so expect a review some time in the future.
- A young girl in the UK has been called fat by Wii Fit. the Daily Mail are calling for children to be banned from the game, and parents to be warned. Personally I think that childrens self images are becoming warped enough by culture (thin models and celebrities etc) but banning a game because of this? That’s bit over the top!
- Jake Gyllenhal (from Donnie Darko) is going to play the prince in the new Prince of Persia film. I think he looks the part but am not convinced he has the moves…
- Voice over artists (specifically Niko from GTA IV) are speaking out about the rates for the video gaming industry claiming they should be paid scaling amounts based upon how well the game does. Personally I disagree, and this post on Game-ism explains my feelings better than I could