Last week wasn't so fun with the links I was too busy release my new website, Pro Theme Design to write up what I had. That does mean that some of the links here are a touch out of date - but that doesn't make them any less interesting!
Have a good Easter weekend - don't eat too much chocolate!
- The Chinese Olympics web team stole a flash game and inserted their own content. On the plus side, since this happened so long ago, it's all been taken down now, but it's still pretty bad!
- Online Achievements Ruin Games - I was talking to a friend at work about this the other day. How people are going into Call of Duty and instead of Death Matching, telling people to stand still whilst they try to complete an achievement. It's ruining the fun of the multiplayer.
- Apparently the developers of the very cool looking Mirrors Edge have gone some way to trying to prevent motion sickness in their first person parkour 'em up. I hadn't considered the problem before but now they mention it I can see how it would be a worry (forward rolls and somesaults in first person?)
- Apparently Brits prefer games to sex.
- A discussion on the future of indie rpgs
- Synth tools for the DS - great for those with into music creation
- 9 home gaming setups better than yours - lot's of cool stuff. Makes me jealous!