Have a good weekend everyone – enjoy the links.
- Gamasutra have an interview with David Jaffe the outspoken, opinionated, designer and creative director of the God of War games
- Another interview – this time with Ben “Yahtzee” Crowshaw – the dude who does those funny game reviews (Zero Punctuation)
- Clive Thompson – writer for the New York Times magazine and Wired, thinks games have come of age, and he’s blaming indie games. I’m not sure I agree but we’re certainly on our way.
- Diagrams for wacky Wii remote peripherals. Teddy FTW
- Some lessons on creating homebrew games for the Nintendo Wii (mostly with Flash)
- Valve release Steamworks, a free development environment for anybody to use. It still requires programming skills, but also does some of the work for you. Not for begginers but equally it shouldn’t be ignored by the Pro’s.
- Retro Remakes have got some… um… wonderful reviews of games you may have missed the first time arond
- Sim City has been made open source. Can’t wait to see if anything good is done with this
- Talking of the Sims… here’s an interview with Will Wright – the man who started it all off.